The Yamaha Motor Company has been involved in the manufacture and delivery of high performance and efficient two wheelers for the past few decades. The quality, durability, performance and affordability of their motorcycles as well as their customer service are some of the many reasons why it is one of the most cherished two-wheeler brand with the customers in India. Yamaha Bikes in India have risen to become one of the top motorcycles in the market in recent years and have maintained their position.
Yamaha offers a varied range of motorbikes to the Indian public right from a 113 cc scooter to a 998 cc Moto GP grade superbike. But, their performance bikes are the most consumed in the country as they are perfect for manoeuvring the city traffic as well as going on long rides and letting yourself go on an open road. Here are some of the Yamaha Bikes available in India.
- Yamaha FZ 25:
The latest addition to their FZ range is this powerful sporty machine, the Yamaha FZ 25. With an improved and upgraded engine in congregation with sleek, aggressive and muscular looks, the FZ 25 is one of the best Yamaha Bikes in India and has received an overwhelming response from the customers. Available in three colors, the bike has an ex-showroom price of Rs. 1, 31,000/-. Listed below are some specifications:
- Engine: 249 cc, 4 stroke, SOHC, 2 valve, double cylinder, liquid cooled
- Max torque produced: 20 Nm @ 6000 rpm
- Max Power output: 20.6 bhp @ 8000 rpm
- Fuel Capacity: 14 liter
- Average fuel efficiency : 43 kmpl
- 282 mm hydraulic disc brake at front
- 220 mm hydraulic disc brake at rear
- 17” alloy wheels with 100/80-17 (front) and 1407/70-17 (rear) tubeless tyres
- Yamaha YZF R3:
This incredible machine is one of the best Yamaha Bikes in the everyday superbike category. A younger sibling to Yamaha’s ultimate super bike the YZF R1, this bike is packed with immense potential and a strong engine. The sport bike-like looks, an equally powerful engine that keeps the racing spirit of the R series alive and a robust chassis to support all this power, the YZF R3 is absolutely incredible. Available to the customers in 2 colors, it is priced at Rs. 3, 48,000/- on ex-showroom basis.
Below are some specifications of this machine:
- Engine: 321 cc, 4 stroke, SOHC, 2 valve, dual cylinder, air cooled
- Max torque produced: 29.6 Nm @ 9000 rpm
- Max Power output: 42 bhp @ 10 750 rpm
- Dual channel Antilock Braking System (ABS)
- Fuel Capacity: 14 liter
- Reserve fuel capacity: 2.4 liter
- Average fuel efficiency : 22 kmpl
- 298 mm and 220 mm hydraulic disc brakes at front and rear respectively
- 17” alloy wheels with 100/80-R17 (front) and 1407/70-R17 (rear) tubeless tyres
Yamaha Bikes in India have incredible performance and the support from Yamaha when required is more than satisfactory. Their simpler models like Saluto and the SZ-RR are a right fit for those who want sober looks, enough power and exemplary performance.
Also check the upcoming Nissan Leaf in India